We are hiring a Backend Web Developer to join our web development team in Zagreb, Croatia.
You will be joining a growing and excellent team of other backend and frontend web developers, UX and UI designers, PMs, QAs, and execs. Point Jupiter develops and designs solutions for our worldwide clients in various industries. Projects we work on include web and progressive web apps, mobile solutions, distributed systems, and we are actively exploring opportunities related to AI and ML.
Projects envisioned, designed, developed, and delivered by our teammates are used on all continents. More than 400 million users used or interacted in some way with some of our solutions. As a team, we worked with clients like Microsoft, IBM, Twiplomacy, UNHCR, UNICEF, Deutsche Telekom, and the World Economic Forum. However, we also enjoy working with exciting startups moving the boundaries of what is possible in fintech, retail, education, travel, banking, e-learning, and many other industries.
Check out some of our works here.
About you – our next backend web developer
Point Jupiter is looking for an ambitious and motivated backend web developer who is happy to explore various projects and types of work we deliver to our clients.
Most of our backend stack revolves around Node and Go, but we are actively experimenting with other technologies – like Elixir, for example. If you are looking for a place where you will be appreciated for both your personal and professional qualities and where your work is meaningful and truly matters – we’d love to welcome you to Point Jupiter.
We are building a next-generation conversational interface funded by the European Commission. We’d love to have you onboard and help us take it from the concept to actual implementation.
Your team will be there to support you – frontend devs, UX and UI designers, CTO, PM, CEO – we all care about you and your growth.
Your skills should include the following:
- you have at least 2-3 years of experience, but we are also interested in hiring senior devs
- knowledge of and familiarity with Google Cloud ( and/or AWS, Azure, Heroku…)
- familiarity with Redis and PostgreSQL
- experience working with graph databases and related technologies is a huge plus
- familiarity with RESTful APIs, but if you are familiar with alternatives like GraphQL – that’s a plus
- experience and familiarity working with Git and code versioning principles
- if you have experience using tools and technologies like Rasa, Grakn, knowledge graphs, NLP, and chatbots – you are an excellent match for this job
- excellent knowledge of English (spoken, written)
- open-minded, challenge-seeking, and eager to learn from other colleagues but also on your own
In addition to this, we value your soft skills. What are the soft skills for developers? Read on!
Formal education degrees and qualifications are not crucial, although preference will be given to persons with higher education.
A driver’s license is not a requirement. But, please, keep in mind that we’d love to talk with you regardless of your previous tech stack.
We believe that dependable software engineers are best defined by their ability to learn, grow, and adapt, not just by their knowledge of a specific tech stack. Your experience and motivation are more important than a single specific technology.
What can we offer to you?
- Exciting and challenging projects spanning different areas of your interest
- A chance to grow and learn from day one
- Personalized professional growth support and plan – our HR will help you define your goals and expectations and make sure we provide you with the resources to achieve them
- A competitive benefits package (salary, generous paid vacation days, bonuses, additional healthcare coverage, team gathering, skills exchange, occasional travel, Kid Cash)
- An excellent work/private-life balance
- Hybrid ways of working – we combine our time in the office with our time working from home
- Regular feedback as a tool that will help you be your best self and grow
- You can develop your skills in a direction that is attractive to you – you can either decide to broaden your scope or specialize in a specific technology or industry.
- Pretty much an unlimited supply of fresh fruits, juice, tea, coffee, snacks
- A chance to make a meaningful impact and shape the future of our team – we are still very young, and every single person joining us has a significant effect and excellent prospects for future development
- In house and paid education – 4 hours every week (Friday coding sessions (FCS))
- We are pets friendly and have a gaming console and a billiard table, but, honestly, everyone has those, and that’s not what’s making us special – our work and your future colleagues – now, that’s exceptional!
Fill in the form below (scroll down a little bit) or – send us your CV and, if you have them, links to some of your work, Git repos, or similar resources.
Come as you are
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing your goals and results. We strive to be inclusive and welcoming. You can check out our Diversity policy, and we are open to your feedback.
When hiring, we live by our motto #ComeAsYouAre. Your skin color, gender, education level, veteran or social status, your religion – or absence of it – don’t make a difference at Point Jupiter. Even your big-shot dad or political connections will not mean much here.
Your values, dedication, motivation, work ethics, and professionalism are the only things that matter at Point Jupiter.