We are hiring a Backend Web Developer to join our web development team in Zagreb, Croatia.
You will be joining a growing and excellent team of other backend and frontend web developers, UX and UI designers, PMs, QAs, and execs. Point Jupiter develops and designs solutions for our worldwide clients in various industries. Projects we work on include web, and progressive web apps, mobile solutions, distributed systems, and we are actively exploring opportunities related to AI and ML.
Projects envisioned, designed, developed, and delivered by our teammates are in use on all continents, and more than 400 million users used or interacted in some way with some of our solutions. As a team, we worked with clients like Microsoft, IBM, Twiplomacy, UNHCR, UNICEF, Deutsche Telekom, and the World Economic Forum. However, we also enjoy working with exciting startups moving the boundaries of what is possible in fintech, retail, education, travel, banking, e-learning, and many other industries.
Check out some of our works here.
About you – our next backend web developer
For this role, we are looking for an ambitious and eager developer who is happy to explore various projects and types of work we deliver to our clients. While most of our stack includes Go and Node, we are experimenting and working with different technologies like Elixir. If you are eager to learn and explore your potential – we are an excellent place for your ambitions.
Your skills should include the following:
- you have at least 2-3 years of experience, but we are also interested in hiring senior devs
- knowledge of and familiarity with Google Cloud ( and/or AWS, Azure, Heroku…)
- familiarity with Redis and PostgreSQL
- familiarity with RESTful APIs, but if you are familiar with alternatives like GraphQL – that’s a plus
- experience and familiarity working with Git and code versioning principles
- excellent knowledge of English (spoken, written)
- open-minded, challenge-seeking and eager to learn from other colleagues but also on your own
In addition to this, we value your soft-skills. What are the soft skills for developers? Read on!
Formal education degrees and qualifications are not crucial, although preference will be given to persons with higher education. The driver’s license is not a requirement.
Please, keep in mind that we’d love to talk with you regardless of your previous tech stack. We believe that dependable software engineers are best defined by their ability to learn, grown, and adapt, not just by their sheer knowledge of specific tech stack. Your experience and motivation are more important to us than a single specific technology.
What we can offer to you?
Here are some of the things we can offer you:
- Exciting and challenging projects spanning different areas of your interest
- A chance to grow and learn from the day one
- A competitive benefits package (salary, generous paid vacation days, bonuses, additional healthcare coverage, team gathering, skills exchange, occasional travel, Kid Cash)
- An excellent work/private-life balance
- An ability to develop your skills in a direction that it is attractive to you-you can either decide to broaden your scope or specialize in a specific technology or industry
- Pretty much an unlimited supply of fresh fruits, juice, tea, coffee, snacks
- A chance to make a meaningful impact and shape the future of our team – we are still very young and every single person joining us has a significant effect and excellent prospects for future development
- In house and paid education – 4 hours every week
- Friday coding sessions (FCS)
Fill in the form below (scroll down a little bit) or – send us your CV and, if you have them, links to some of your work, Git repos or similar resources.
Come as you are
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. What matters are your skills, your dedication, and motivation. Just come as you are!