We are hiring an experienced Project Manager to join our web development team in Zagreb, Croatia.
You will be joining a growing and excellent team of other frontend and backend developers, UX and UI designers, QAs, and execs. Point Jupiter develops and designs solutions for our worldwide clients in various industries. Projects we work on include web, and progressive web apps, mobile solutions, distributed systems, and we are actively exploring opportunities related to AI and ML.
Projects envisioned, designed, developed, and delivered by our teammates are in use on all continents, and more than 400 million users used or interacted in some way with some of our solutions. As a team, we worked with clients like Microsoft, IBM, Twiplomacy, UNHCR, UNICEF, Deutsche Telekom, and the World Economic Forum. However, we also enjoy working with exciting startups moving the boundaries of what is possible in fintech, retail, education, travel, banking, e-learning, and many other industries.
Check out some of our works here.
About you – our next project manager
For this role, we are looking for an ambitious and eager frontend web developer who is happy to explore various projects and types of work we deliver to our clients.
Your skills should include the following:
- A degree in one of the following fields is preferred: Engineering, IT or Computer Science, Business or Management. While the degree in itself is not a mandatory requirement, it is a particular advantage.
- At least three years of experience working as a Project Manager in the IT field. Bonus points if you worked in the agency environment before or have been a developer or a designer earlier in your career.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to understand the client’s specific needs and personality
- Fluent in English and Croatian language
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Leadership skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Time management skills.
- Attention to detail
Nice to have:
- PMP, PSPO, or PSMO certification
In addition to this, we value your soft-skills. What are the soft skills for developers? Read on!
Roles and responsibilities
The project manager job role is a highly dynamic, varied, and exciting career. We are looking for motivated individuals with a broad set of skills. In general, some of the common job roles and responsibilities look like this:
- Leading project planning sessions
- Leading and guiding development (and design) sprints and be comfortable with agile methodologies and tools
- Working closely with our CEO and CTO on recognizing the business and technical challenges and opportunities and acting on those
- Coordinating staff and internal resources
- Managing project progress and adjusting work(load) as required
- Ensuring projects meet set deadlines
- Managing relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Overseeing and managing all incoming and outgoing project documentation
- Assisting in the definition of project scope and goals and requirements gathering
- Delegating tasks on the project to people best positioned to complete them
- Identifying and managing potential risks and liabilities of multiple projects
- Optimizing and improving processes and the overall approach where necessary
- Managing the team
- Motivating people involved in the project to complete tasks on time
- Performing quality control on the project, together with the QA staff, throughout development to maintain the standards expected
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Track project costs to meet budget
What we can offer you?
Here are some of the things we can offer you:
- Exciting and challenging projects spanning different areas of your interest
- A chance to grow and learn from day one
- A competitive benefits package (salary, generous paid vacation days, bonuses, additional healthcare coverage, team gathering, skills exchange, occasional travel)
- An excellent work/private-life balance
- An ability to develop your skills in a direction that is attractive to you-you can either decide to broaden your scope or specialize in a specific technology or industry
- Pretty much an unlimited supply of fresh fruits, juice, tea, coffee, snacks
- A chance to make a meaningful impact and shape the future of our team – we are still very young and every single person joining us has a significant effect and excellent prospects for future development
- In house and paid education – 4 hours every week
- Friday coding sessions (FCS)
- Usually, we would put the ability to work from home as a perk, however, given this COVID-19 situation, most of us are working from our homes right now. If you want to see how we adjusted to this “new normal” or “COVID-normal”, check out our post on COVID-19 and remote working.
Fill in the form below (scroll down a little bit) or – send us your CV, a cover letter (tell us why you would like to work with us and what are your expectations), and we welcome any additional docs (for example, certificates) you
Come as you are
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. What matters are your skills, your dedication, and motivation. Just come as you are!