We are hiring an experienced WordPress Web Developer to join our web development team in Zagreb, Croatia.
You will be joining a growing and excellent team of other frontend and backend developers, UX and UI designers, PMs, QAs, and execs. Point Jupiter develops and designs solutions for our worldwide clients in various industries. Projects we work on include web, and progressive web apps, mobile solutions, distributed systems, and we are actively exploring opportunities related to AI and ML.
Projects envisioned, designed, developed, and delivered by our teammates are in use on all continents, and more than 400 million users used or interacted in some way with some of our solutions. As a team, we worked with clients like Microsoft, IBM, Twiplomacy, UNHCR, UNICEF, Deutsche Telekom, and the World Economic Forum. However, we also enjoy working with exciting startups moving the boundaries of what is possible in fintech, retail, education, travel, banking, e-learning, and many other industries.
Check out some of our works here.
About you – our next WordPress web developer
For this role, we are looking for an ambitious and eager WordPress/CMS web developer who is happy to explore various projects and types of work we deliver to our clients.
Depending on your affinities, this role can lead to a more senior position later on – including the team lead/management responsibilities.
We build websites on WordPress, and they are as unique as our clients are. We don’t rely on cheap themes – we want to deliver meaningful value and solve interesting challenges. Also, we rely on Block(s) editor experience since most of our clients need additional flexibility.
If you are looking for a place where you will be appreciated for both your personal and professional qualities and where your work is meaningful and truly matters – we’d love to welcome you to Point Jupiter.
Your team will be there to support you – frontend devs, UX and UI designers, CTO, PM, CEO – we all care about you and your growth.
Your skills should include the following:
- At least 2-3 years of experience using and developing for WordPress, including blocks (native – Gutenberg blocks), custom themes, and (ideally) plugins. If you have more than 3 years of experience – we’d love to talk with you, as well!
- Experience and familiarity with headless CMS options and CMS solutions, in general
- PHP/React experience that’s suitable for independent development of WordPress block
- Familiarity with the Eightshift boilerplate is a big plus
- Typescript is desirable, but not a huge must
- You are an experienced React dev, but knowing other frameworks like Vue is also a plus
- Familiarity with RWD principles
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with overall modern web dev stack including Webpack, NPM, Babel…
- Experience and familiarity working with Git and code versioning principles
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken, written)
- Open-minded, highly motivated, challenge-seeking, and eager to learn from other colleagues but also on your own
In addition to this, we value your soft-skills. What are the soft skills for developers? Read on!
Formal education degrees and qualifications are not crucial, although preference will be given to persons with higher education. A driver’s license is not a requirement.
What we can offer to you?
Here are some of the things we can offer you:
- Exciting and challenging projects spanning different areas of your interest
- Ability to contribute to open-source projects and our support when you do so
- A chance to grow and learn from day one
- Personalized professional growth support and plan – our HR will help you define your goals and expectations and make sure we provide you with the resources to achieve them.
- A competitive benefits package (salary, generous paid vacation days, bonuses, additional healthcare coverage, team gathering, skills exchange, occasional travel, Kid Cash)
- An excellent work/private-life balance
- Hybrid ways of working – we combine our time in the office with our time working from home.
- Regular feedback as a tool that will help you be your best self and grow
- You can develop your skills in a direction that is attractive to you – you can either decide to broaden your scope or specialize in a specific technology or industry.
- Pretty much an unlimited supply of fresh fruits, juice, tea, coffee, snacks
- A chance to make a meaningful impact and shape the future of our team – we are still very young, and every single person joining us has a significant effect and excellent prospects for future development.
- In house and paid education – 4 hours every week (Friday coding sessions (FCS))
- We are pets friendly and have a gaming console and a billiard table, but, honestly, everyone has those, and that’s not what’s making us special – our work and your future colleagues – now, that’s exceptional!
Fill in the form below (scroll down a little bit) or – send us your CV and, if you have them, links to some of your work, Git repos or similar resources.
Come as you are
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing your goals and results. We strive to be inclusive and welcoming. You can check out our Diversity policy, and we are open to your feedback.
When hiring, we live by our motto #ComeAsYouAre. Your skin color, gender, education level, veteran or social status, your religion – or absence of it – don’t make a difference at Point Jupiter. Even your big-shot dad or political connections will not mean much here.
Your values, dedication, motivation, work ethics, and professionalism are the only things that matter at Point Jupiter.